How To Shut Off Your Toilet
There are a few occasions when you might need to turn off your toilet – for example, maybe your toilet is running nonstop or your toilet has a leak. Knowing how to shut off your toilet in a pinch is sure to be helpful.
Where Is My Toilet Shut-off Valve
Your toilet shut-off valve is located on the wall, generally on the bottom left side of the toilet. It is a small knob that is connected to a water supply pipe. The shut-off valve controls the flow of water going to your toilet.
How To Shut Off Your Toilet
1. Locate your toilet’s shut-off valve. As mentioned, this is typically on the left side of the toilet, it will be a small knob.
2. Turn the knob clockwise until it stops. This will shut off the water supply to your toilet, so no more water will be able to flow into the toilet tank.
3. Once you have shut off the water, flush your toilet to drain any remaining water from the bowl by flushing the toilet.
4. If you need to turn the water back on, simply turn the knob counterclockwise.
Help! I can’t turn off my toilet.
If you are having trouble shutting off your toilet, here are a few troubleshooting tips:
1. Make sure the knob is turned all the way to the right.
2. If the knob is stuck, try wiggling the knob back and forth. Toilets are full of water, so it’s
common that there will be rust on the shut-off valve. We recommend using a lubricant such as WD-40 to make the shut-off easier to turn on and off.
3. If you are still having trouble shutting off your toilet, try turning off the main water supply to your home. This will shut off all of the water going to your house, including your toilet.
When To Call a Local plumber
If you are having difficulty turning off your toilet, it is likely that there is a more serious issue that requires professional assistance. A plumber can help to identify and fix the problem so that you can properly shut off your toilet in the future.
If you’ve tried all of the above and you are still having issues, it’s time to call a plumber. A local plumber can diagnose the problem and make the necessary repairs. Sometimes a repair calls for specialty replacement parts that only a plumber is likely to have handy.
Plumbing issues can be tricky and frustrating. If you’re not comfortable troubleshooting and repairing your toilet, call a plumber. They have the experience and expertise to fix the problem safely and quickly.
A toilet that isn’t working can be a huge inconvenience. These were a few things you can do to try and fix the problem, if you still need help call Elmer’s Home Services in San Antonio, TX.
If you’re not sure where to start with a toilet repair, don’t hesitate to call a professional.
Elmer’s Home Services in San Antonio TX can help you assess the situation and make the best decision for your needs. We have experienced plumbers and quality service, so you can get the solution your need quickly.