Air Duct Cleaning in San Antonio
Indoor air quality is important for the health and well-being of your family. Dust, pollen, and other allergens can build up in your air ducts over time, causing respiratory problems and aggravating allergies. The professionals at Elmer’s Home Services offer comprehensive air duct cleaning services that will remove these harmful contaminants from your home.
In addition to improving air quality, our air duct cleaning services can also improve the efficiency of your HVAC system, saving you money on energy costs. Our team of certified technicians is committed to providing the highest quality air duct cleaning services in San Antonio.
Symptoms of Poor Indoor Air Quality
According to the EPA, indoor air can be up to 5 times more polluted than outdoor air. Poor indoor air quality can cause a variety of health problems
The main culprits behind indoor air pollution are VOCs (volatile organic compounds), which are emitted by everything from cleaning products to paint fumes. Other common sources of indoor air pollution include mold, dust mites, and pet dander.
You may have air quality issues in your home or building if you or another occupant suffers from:
- Respiratory infections
- Sore throat
- Itchy, watery eyes
- Sinus congestion
- General allergies
- Ear infections
- Dry skin
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty sleeping
How To Improve Indoor Air Quality
The indoor air quality in your home or office can have a big impact on your health. Indoor air quality isn’t only affected by particles and other contaminants. Other factors include temperature, ventilation, and humidity.
There are several things you can do to improve indoor air quality, including:
- Ventilation: Make sure your home is well-ventilated. Open windows and doors when weather permits and use fans to circulate air. Consider installing an air purifier to remove contaminants from the air.
- Air Filters: Clean or change air filters as recommended; HVAC equipment will work more efficiently.
- Air Ducts: Inspect air ducts for dust and dander buildup; pollutants can easily recirculate into your home.
- Humidity: Lower the humidity; that can improve comfort, prevent damaging condensation, and impede mold growth.
- Carpets: Clean carpets and rugs; dust and dirt caught in fibers can be released into the air.
- Kitchen Vents: Use vents while cooking; they remove smoke and airborne toxins, while keeping your kitchen cooler.
- Cleanliness: Keep your indoor space clean and free of dust, mold, and other allergens. Vacuum regularly, using a HEPA filter if possible, and damp mop hard surfaces. Avoid using harsh chemicals, opt for natural cleaning products instead.
- Plants: Plants help to purify the air by absorbing carbon dioxide and releasing oxygen. Place a few plants around your indoor space for an added boost of fresh air.
Indoor Air Quality Services We Offer
If you have known indoor air quality issues or unexplained symptoms, our air quality specialists can visit and thoroughly assess your home. Trained technicians will help determine what kinds of services and solutions are needed. You can depend on us for IAQ services such as:
Air Quality Testing:
At Elmer’s Air Conditioning and Plumbing, we have the tools and equipment to check for common sources of indoor air pollution, including Volatile Organic Compounds, construction materials, mold, pesticides, asbestos, cleaning products, and radon. All samples are laboratory tested with a high degree of accuracy. We’ll not only find what is polluting the air in your home; we can also determine how much of it there is and where it’s coming from.
Air Duct Sealing:
Leaking ducts can lose 30% of the air circulating in your home. In addition to straining the HVAC system and increasing the humidity level, leaks also allow in all kinds of pollution. Sealing leak points and repairing cracks resolves leakage and any issues it causes. In addition, we can provide airflow testing to check how your HVAC system is performing in terms of temperature, humidity, and airflow pressure.
Air Duct Cleaning Service:
Ductwork can become very unsanitary. Dust, dirt, mold, pet hair, pollen, and other contaminants can build up inside ducts, clog up HVAC components, restrict airflow, and continuously circulate throughout the rooms in your home. Air duct cleaning allows the system to run more efficiently and can alleviate the symptoms of indoor air quality issues.
Indoor Air Quality Products We Offer
Maintaining excellent IAQ also requires having products that continue to keep your indoor air clean and healthy to breathe. At Elmer’s Home Services we provide some of the top indoor air quality products on the market, including:
- Air Scrubbers: A knowledgeable technician will evaluate your home to determine the best type and size of air cleaner to install. Efficiency is based on how many cubic feet the system is designed for. Call today to learn more about our air cleaners.
- Air Purification System: These air quality systems include everything from smaller one room units to whole-house indoor air purification systems that can help reduce or even eliminate airborne particles, bacteria, and some viruses with the use of medical grade UV technology. They also remove chemical, vapor, mold, and mildew odors.
- Air Humidifiers and Dehumidifiers: The best indoor humidity level is from 35% to 45%. If humidity is too low, the air will be too dry; if it’s too high, moisture can lead to condensation and mold. Humidifiers and dehumidifiers can keep the moisture in your home at an ideal level.
- Ventilators: Home ventilation systems can get rid of humid, stuffy air indoors and bring in fresh air from outside. High-end systems sense the temperature and humidity inside to determine how to operate, which also provides energy efficiency.
Contact Elmer’s Home Services for All Your Air Quality Needs
Our technicians are trained to assess your indoor air quality needs and provide IAQ services and products that let you live comfortably and healthy. Request service to receive air quality testing, have air cleaners installed, or learn more about our air purification systems. To get started, reach out to us online or call 210-570-1717 for service in the San Antonio area.
Elmer’s Indoor Air Quality
Our Promise! We show up on time! We do what we said we would! We do it right! We appreciate the value of your time! Training is continuous for the Elmer’s Home Services team.
Employees undergo weekly training to improve their skills and raise our standard of customer service.
Rest assured that when you refer Elmer’s Indoor Air Quality to your friends and family, we will never do anything to lose the trust you have in us. We stock thousands of parts and supplies to restore your comfort on the same day!
Call Elmer’s Home Services for Air Conditioning Service Today
For HVAC contractors, look no further than Elmer’s Home Services. We have been in business since 2004 and our experience shows in the quality of our work. Our team of certified technicians is here to help you with all your air conditioning repair and service needs, big or small.
The go-to AC repair service provider in San Antonio, the Dallas Fort Worth Metro and the surrounding areas, we are proud to help our customers with all their HVAC repair and air conditioner service needs. From air conditioner maintenance to air conditioning installation, you can expect fast, high-quality service at affordable prices.
Not sure if you need air conditioner repair or HVAC replacement? We can help you figure it out. Our technicians will come to your home, assess the problem, and give you a recommendation for the best course of action. Whether you need a simple repair or a brand-new air conditioning system, we will make sure the job is done right.
For air conditioning service you can trust, call Elmer’s Home Services today! We look forward to helping you keep your home cool and comfortable all summer long. Call us today to schedule a free consultation.
Elmer’s Home Services provides air conditioner repair services and plumbing repair in the San Antonio and the Dallas Fort Worth Metro area. We have proudly served over 20,000 customers. Our professional technicians and plumbers are punctual and take pride in providing reliable and affordable home services to our neighbors. Discover the difference in our services when you get it done “The Elmer Way”. Call us today to get more information!
Elmer’s Home Services is proud to offer EZ Pay!
With our Ez Payment system it’s never been easier to upgrade or repair your home, whether it be plumbing, or HVAC. We have professional technicians on staff that can help you choose the best option for your needs and budget.
With our flexible payment plans, you can have peace of mind when it comes to taking care of your home.
Contact us today for a free consultation and let us show you how Elmer’s Home Services can help make your home more comfortable and efficient.
Learn more about EZ Pay
"*" indicates required fields