Hard Water in San Antonio
San Antonio is home to some of the hardest water in the country. Measured by grains per gallon (gpg), water hardness in the United States ranges from less than 3 to more than 14 gpg. San Antonio water on average has 15 to 20 gpg. According to the Water Quality Association, appliances began to wear out due to hard water beginning at the 7 gpg level.
Elmer’s Home Services offers a wide range of water softener systems to meet the needs of San Antonio homeowners. We can test your water to determine the best course of action and provide you with a comprehensive estimate.
Where Hard Water Attacks Your Home
- Dishwasher – Excess wear, spotty dishes.
- Laundry – Higher repair cost
- Clothes – Harder to clean, faster wear, staining
- Tub & Shower – Soap scum build-up
- Sinks & Toilets – Water spots and stains
- Pipes – Clogging, inefficient flow, erosion
- Water Heater – Lower efficiency, quicker deterioration
Elmer's Water Softener System
Cut your home operating cost by investing in a water softener. Simple and easy to use, we install trusted products that will give you long-lasting, trouble-free soft water. With various models available, we can match you up with the best model for your home.
Elmer’s High Efficiency Water Softener
Specially designed to create a significant savings (around 30%) in both water and salt. Also features the premium 10% Softening Resin, not the standard 8% Resin. For Bexar County residents with Hard Water a water softener will provide many benefits such as:
- Water softener systems protect your metal water pipes, hot water heater, and appliances including your dishwasher, faucets, and laundry machine against hardness and scale buildup.
- A Softener improves the performance and efficiency of all soaps and detergents.
- Soft water systems greatly improves hair and dry skin quality after showers by eliminating dried hardness deposits and soap scum deposits.
- Includes a Jumbo size Carbon Cartridge to protect softener resin against chlorine damage and provides a mild chlorine reduction for the whole house.
- Best enjoyed with our Enhanced RO System installed at your kitchen sink for all your cooking and drinking water needs.
Salt-Free Water Softener and Conditioner with Anti-Scale Technology
Not just a SOFTENER, the best of all three!
- Naturally softened water without salt
- Conditioned water without the slippery feel
- Prevents/removes hard water scale from plumbing and appliances
- Leaves in all the minerals
- Zero waste water
- Does not require electricity to operate
- A no salt water softener saves you money
- Great for hot water heaters
Whole House NanoFiltration
Nanofiltration is great for people with hard water who do not want to use water softeners or salt. We can remove the hardness minerals using Nanofiltration. This is superior to using a “salt-free softener” because it removes most of the hardness. This also eliminates the use of salt. Your entire house also enjoys super carbon-purified water, and your kitchen sink gets a small RO system to super purify your drinking and cooking water for maximum protection against fluoride, chlorine, metals, and pollutants.
- Our Whole House NANOFILTRATION eliminates a water softener and eliminates softener salt usage for houses with Hard Water.
- NANOFILTRATION is slightly less than Reverse Osmosis but is specifically designed to strip out Hardness Minerals, although it is much less efficient at stripping out chemical pollutants and brackish water salt.
- Stores the treated water in a 500 Gallon storage tank. A Smart Re-pressurization Pump connected to the water storage tank is included.
Our Promise! We show up on time! We do what we said we would! We do it right! We appreciate the value of your time! Training is continuous for the Elmer’s Home Services team.
Employees undergo weekly training to improve their skills and raise our standard of customer service.
Rest assured that when you refer Elmer’s Plumbingto your friends and family, we will never do anything to lose the trust you have in us. We stock thousands of parts and supplies to restore your comfort on the same day!
Call Elmer’s Home Services for All Your Plumbing Needs
If you are a homeowner, then you know that there are a lot of things to take care of around the house. One of the most important things is making sure your plumbing is in good shape. Thankfully, you can call on Elmer’s Home Services for all your plumbing needs, even on weekends or holidays.
Elmer’s Home Services has been in business since 2004, so we know a thing or two about plumbing. We are a family-owned and operated business, so we understand the importance of customer service. We will always go above and beyond to make sure you are happy with our services.
There is no job too big or too small for Elmer’s Home Services. We have the experience and expertise to handle any plumbing issue you may have. We also offer a wide range of services, so we can help you with everything from fixing a leaky faucet to installing a new water heater.
If you need a plumber, then don’t hesitate to call on Elmer’s Home Services. Whether you need an emergency plumber, a simple plumbing repair, or want to overhaul your entire plumbing system, we can help. We will be more than happy to help you with all your plumbing needs. Call us now at 210-570-1717 to ask a question or schedule your service call.
Elmer’s Home Services provides air conditioner repair services and plumbing repair in the San Antonio and the Dallas Fort Worth Metro area. We have proudly served over 20,000 customers. Our professional technicians and plumbers are punctual and take pride in providing reliable and affordable home services to our neighbors. Discover the difference in our services when you get it done “The Elmer Way”. Call us today to get more information!